“Architects can not force people to connect, only their meeting areas can be planned, barriers removed, and common areas made functional and attractive.”
Denise Scott Brown
1 bis 5 Zimmerwohnungen von 50-130 m2
Hauptstr. 52-54, 2352 Guntramsdorf
The heritage-listed Wodikhof residential building is located in the town centre of Guntramsdorf, close to the local shopping precinct. With its recently added extension and renovated side wing complimenting the existing structure, the building complex combines contemporary architecture with the style of previous eras to create a harmonious ensemble: historic meets modern. This blending of generational styles also extends to the inside of this unique residential building. Apartments vary in size from 48m2 to 140m2 and in number of rooms from 1 to 5, with most of them featuring a balcony, terrace or garden.
The town of Guntramsdorf is located in the heart of the Lower Austrian thermal and wine region, an idyllic area just outside Vienna offering a high quality of life. With about 10,000 inhabitants, the town provides excellent infrastructure, extensive leisure and cultural facilities, as well as various schools within easy reach. Furthermore, being located in a classic Austrian wine region, the area is known for its great culinary diversity.
A variety of retailers are accessible just a short stroll from the Wodikhof, and Shopping City Süd “SCS”, one of Austria’s major shopping complexes, is just 5km away. Tennis facilities, a golf course and 2 swimming ponds are also located a short distance from Guntramsdorf. Transport infrastructure, both public and private are easily accessible, with a „Badner Bahn“ stop a 5-minute walk from the Wodikhof, offering convenient transport to Vienna and Baden; the motorway (A2 to Vienna or Graz) is only approximately 5 to 10 minutes drive away.
The “Bürgerhaus Wodikhof” was built in 1624 and its age and hook-like shape make it one of the historically relevant old buildings in central Guntramsdorf. The building’s historical significance and ownership history can be traced back from the present day to when it was built with owners such as the Hoyos Family and the Reichersberg Abbey. Structurally striking, the building also has special architectural significance in the composition of the centuries-old main street leading to the medieval town centre.
The Wodikhof is a manor-type building, built on two narrow plots of land. Covering a very large area of land, its prominent position is further enhanced by architectural elements such as bay windows, stucco ceilings and vaults making the building really stand out.
The historic gate entrance leads into the quiet courtyard, with access to all 3 wings of the building. The building ensemble consists of the heritage-listed Wodikhof from 1624, the courtyard tract from the Gründerzeit era and the new building. Overall, this creates a diverse mix of living spaces with roof terraces, balconies, private gardens and common areas. The large, quiet, historical courtyard can be used as a communal green space or in manner that guarantees peace and privacy. The basement offers 51 car spaces, 4 of which are e-charging stations.
The heritage-protected hook-shaped wing, the actual Wodikhof, impresses with its design elements and is being carefully restored according to its historic appearance (plaster elements, wooden box windows, parquet floors). This process is carried out in consultation with the Austrian Federal Monuments Office. The 6 apartments are going to be modernised. In addition, a loft with 4 new apartments will be built.
The existing building from the Gründerzeit era facing the yard will also be completely renovated to shine in new splendour, a lift is installed, all 17 apartments will be furnished and designed for sophisticated taste. Furthermore, a rooftop with 5 new apartments will be built. The apartments feature private gardens, balconies and terraces.
An L-shaped new building with 24 apartments is being built opposite the refurbished old building. The building closes the historic courtyard on the street side, the courtyard wing is located at the boundary to the adjacent land, and the apartments with private gardens, terraces and balconies face the common courtyard.